Thursday, January 08, 2009

Washington Diary June/July 2008


July 4, 2008
Fireworks in the Mist

Despite intermittent thunderstorms, we gathered on the terrace of the Hon. William Feighan to watch the mall fireworks. Of course they never disappoint

Our gracious host supplied a very amusing guest list and lots of champagne.

Earlier on, Mary and I had a bite at Le Chat Noir. Surprisingly French and delicious.

Have a Happy Fourth and a wonderful weekend!

Thursday July 3, 2008

Recovering from a long summer's nap after a wonderful supper on Mary's terrace with my newest best friends. Bless her, I can't recall a moment when Mary was not opening another bottle of wine. Stayed up way past my usual bedtime but it was very worth it, and such alot of fun.

Back to business for long enough to get an offer out and help a new client find a place to live.

Onward, then!

Tuesday, June 23, 2008
Sex and The City

Mary and I saw Sex and the City and had a bite at Busara afterward.

The movie was cute - not great and I cried at the end.

Demolition has begun on the bathroom. For now I am the demolisher. Will keep you updated.

Sunday, June 22, 2008
Dinner For Eight

I had the pleasure of dining with seven other Washingtonians last night at the home of friends who likely have the world's best view of the National Cathedral.It was a musical crowd...I was probably the only one there who cannot carry a tune.

The food was delicious and the wine flowed.

We were all very saddened to hear the news that the on-again-off-again closing of the Cathedral greenhouse was indeed on again.

A lovely evening and a mere coast down the hill to home for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home